Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Sarah Fielke BOM - Happy Days

This is  block 14, Churn Dash the first block of Sarah Fielke's new BOM 
"Happy Days".


We also needed to make some stars.  There are 24 of these stars in the quilt but we have 10 months to make them.



I had decide to use this pink checked / striped fabric for may background and when I stitched the first star I kept getting the stripes going in the wrong directions.
I finally figured out, after cutting up lots of paper, if I cut the squares in opposite directions I could get it to come out the way I wanted.


I have since discovered from Sharon Pederson here,  if I just put the right sides of the fabric together I would have gotten the same result .  Now I am sure every quilter in the world already knew this, except me that is.


I chain stitched all my half square triangles  and pressed them with the seams going in opposite directions before cutting them apart.


Churn Dash and twenty four stars.





Since I have so much trouble making up my mind I decided to make two versions of Happy Days.
Which do you perfer?
It’s still not too late to join in and make this fun quilt.
All the information you need can be found here.

Until the next time,
Happy Stitching,
Nancy

15 comments:

  1. I love the light variation, so happy and spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had fun making those stars didn't you :0) surprisingly I like the dark grey/ black background one. It will be a fun project to watch your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both wonderful! Love the lighter one for this time of year, but how fun for you to make two versions simultaneously. It really highlights the difference a change of color/fabric can make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both so pretty! Can't decide which I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy los dos son bonitos,
    pero yo elijo el oscuro,
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both versions as well. The blocks are happy and fun, fun, fun. I'd be like you and get those stars done ahead of schedule. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was not prepared for the second set of blocks. As I scrolled down and saw it, my heart skipped a beat. Yes, that means I like the dark background best, but I really liked the original version, too. I didn't know it had competition. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Tough call...your light version says Springtime and reminds me of open windows and delicate breezes. But the dark version is a real eye catcher making the colors light up the sky...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy - well done! Both so different. Those directional issues would have puzzled me too - but what a great simple solution :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both sets are beautiful. The lighter set makes me crave spring even more!
    You've made great progress on your block assignments.
    After a lot of consideration, I'm going to join in on March 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both sets are beautiful. The lighter set makes me crave spring even more!
    You've made great progress on your block assignments.
    After a lot of consideration, I'm going to join in on March 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing excellent information. Your web-site is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you've on this blog. 한국야동

    Also feel free to visit may web page check this link 야한동영상

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this post!! it was great reading this article!! i would like to know more!! keep in touch and stay connected!! Cheers! 야설

    Also feel free to visit may web page check this link 한국야동

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you need a financial help? Are you in any financial crisis or do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need funds to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a good business? Do you have a low credit score and you are finding it hard to obtain capital services from local banks and other financial institutes? Here is your chance to obtain a financial services from our company. We offer the following finance to individuals-

    *Commercial finance
    *Personal finance
    *Business finance
    *Construction finance
    *Business finance And many More:
    and many more at 3% interest rate;

    Contact Us Via Email: ronniefinancehome247@gmail.com
    Whats-App on +91 93118 56893
    Email 3: apply@ronniefinance.ltd
    http://ronniefinance.ltd/fastloan
    Dr. Mark Thomas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stoping by and taking the time to leave a comment!
I truly enjoy reading your comments.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!